“Disciples of Jesus, Rooted in His Word”
In Luke 10, Jesus visits the home of two sisters, Mary and Martha. While Martha allows the cares of this world to distract her, Mary sits at the Savior’s feet and listens to Him teach. Here at First Baptist, we want to raise up a host of Marys – women who treasure their Savior and learn at His feet; women who study His Word, learn His Word, and devote themselves to His service. The Bible is unabashedly placed at the center of our women’s ministry.
Our women’s ministry also values the role of relationships. Christian relationships are different than anything that the world has to offer. As Christians, our friendships are based not on common interests but on a common Savior. So we go deep with one another, sharpen one another, love one another, and speak the truth to one another. Our women’s ministry places a premium on authentic, Christ-honoring relationships.
We desire to equip women to be loving disciples of Jesus Christ, encouraging them to live God-dependent lives through the diligent study of God’s Word.
- Word – Develop women who love God’s Word, accurately understand and study God’s Word, and are equipped to pray in light of God’s Word.
- Wisdom – Provide a loving environment to find Biblical answers to everyday situations in and outside the home.
- Fellowship – Foster genuine, Christ-honoring friendships around God’s Word so that women can lovingly speak truth to one another.
- Mentoring – Cultivate an environment where more spiritually mature women are able to invest in younger women.
- Service – Give women the opportunity to develop and use their gifts to serve the body.
- Outreach – Bring lost women into interaction with authentic Christianity lived out.
Women’s Bible Fellowship
The backbone of our women’s ministry, our Bible Fellowship, is where we gather to dig deep into God’s Word in a warm, relational environment. We strongly encourage you to get involved, even if the study has already started. Childcare provided for the Tuesday morning study.
Meeting Times: Tuesdays, 9:00 to 11:00 am and Wednesdays, 6:15 to 7:15 pm.
Events and Retreats
We offer regular events for the women of the church ranging from a Ladies Brunch to Panel Discussions. Once a year, we also provide a retreat for our women to spend some time away in order to unwind and be reenergized by God’s Word and Christian relationships.
A sixteen-week intensive course that our pastor’s wife offers at selected times, this course lays out basic principles from God’s Word that should guide our thinking for life.
Moms2Moms (A Ministry to Mothers of Preschoolers)
We reach out to women in our church and community, providing them with support and resources that young moms need. Whether you’re a single mom, from another church, unchurched, or a member here, come see the life-changing power of God’s Word!
Meeting Time: The first and third Wednesday of each month, 9:00 to 11:00 am