Why Online Giving?
- With the recent outbreak of COVID-19, meeting together in worship has become less of a possibility. We want to open up another option for members to give.
- Checks are becoming less popular. Our leadership has found that newer generations of our members do not own checkbooks. Several of these people have indicated to us their willingness to give, but they lack the practical ability.
- Some members travel for work or are sick, and online giving allows them the option to give more consistently.
Please note: giving by debit card will cost an extra 2.15% processing fee. Giving by Automated Clearing House (ACH), where you enter into your bank’s account information, only costs a 25 cent processing fee per donation.
Or, Download the App
You can also manage your giving, adjust recurring payments, and give through your phone by using the Church Center App.
You are still free to mail your checks to our office or drop them off in-person.
First Baptist Church
PO Box 321
Lindale, TX 75771
- Q: Who manages your giving? A: We have chosen to partner with Planning Center Giving. Other giving platforms are available, but most would charge a 1% transaction fee per gift through Automated Clearing House (ACH). Planning Center Giving, however, charges only 25 cents per transaction.
- Q: Is my personal information safe? A: Planning Center Giving is compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS, or more commonly, PCI) are a set of standards set forth by the four major card associations to protect cardholder data. All merchants and processors need to have physical, electronic, and procedural controls in place to ensure that cardholder data is stored and handled securely at all times. Planning Center is a PCI Level One compliant merchant. Their payment processor, Stripe, is one of the largest, most advanced payment processors in the world. They handle payment processing for services like Kickstarter, Lyft, Shopify, Pinterest, Twitter, Heroku, SurveyMonkey, and many other companies. Stripe is also a certified “PCI Service Provider Level 1” payment processor. Learn more about the security of Planning Center Giving here.
- Q: Will this replace giving during the worship service? A: No, we will always have an opportunity to give during our worship services. The giving of the church is an act of worship, and we will always emphasize giving as a part of discipleship in our services. Giving online, however, is an additional option our church will open up as a matter of convenience for church members.
- Q: How do I give to a designated fund? A: Look for the button “+Add donation.” Select a designated fund from the drop-down menu. If you do not see the designated fund you want, then select Other and email firstname.lastname@example.org to specify how you would like these funds to be designated. If using the Church Center App, then enter the amount you want to give and click “Next.” There will be a drop-down menu of accounts to select on the next page.